2006-08-03

Update on us

0 comments

As most of you know, my job is ending and we were considering a move to Kansas City. The company I had been talking to in Kansas City did make me an offer but I had noted some red flags on my last interview (which lasted 8 hours, btw, and I had a few interviews with them prior to that) so I had not planned on accepting it. They also offered it to me a month after I had last spoken to them which I thought was inconsiderate anyway. In the meantime, Andy also received a lucrative promotion/raise at his current job so we are staying in Texas for now.

I have decided that I won't be pursuing full-time employment when my job is over on August 18. I'm looking forward to having more time to build the travel planning business and spending more time at home on things like organizing, cooking and the kids. I'm planning to do some contract programming work to help supplement and already have some things lined up in that regard.

So that's our current status! We have some fun plans coming up - Payton's been in Kansas City for the past week and a half and we'll be picking her up this weekend and attending a reception for my brother's recent marriage. Dawn and Taylor come next week, Payton starts 6th grade (!) on August 15, we're hoping for a trip to San Antonio within the next couple of months and we're looking forward to going to Kansas City for Thanksgiving where 30 of us are attending the Chiefs game on Thanksgiving Day. :)

I'll be keeping my blog updated again especially since I'll have more time so keep checking back for updates!

What next?

You can also bookmark this post using your favorite bookmarking service:

Related Posts by Categories



0 comments: to “ Update on us