2007-04-09

Recipes for today

1 comments

We had a mini-Thanksgiving dinner tonight. Small turkeys were on sale (and I think they are in many places right now, post-Easter) so we had a turkey dinner.

Slow Cooker Turkey
I washed the turkey, coated it with olive oil and then rubbed Italian seasonings all over it. Put it in the slow cooker on medium (high for crock pots) for an hour and then on low for 6 hours. Meat thermometer should read 180 degrees when it's done.

Dressing
I have tried a bunch of different dressing recipes and I never really like them too much. The one I used this time was this one. It came out a little too dry so I would probably add some chicken broth to it next time.

Gravy
The turkey made so much juice that I decided to make some gravy to go with our dinner. Poured the drippings into a skillet and slowly added 4 tablespoons of flour which made a perfect consistency and added a lot of moisture to the dry dressing.

Also served: mashed potatoes, corn and rolls

Very yummy and we have leftovers to eat for lunch the rest of the week!

What next?

You can also bookmark this post using your favorite bookmarking service:

Related Posts by Categories



1 comments: to “ Recipes for today


  • 10:17 AM  

    Who cooks like this?!!! I want to live at your house, Shannon!