2007-07-11

Midnight showing of Harry Potter

1 comments

I'm not a movie person and have never been to a midnight showing of a movie so when I volunteered to take Payton and a friend of hers to see the new Harry Potter movie at midnight, I had no idea what a big deal it would be. We had purchased our tickets online beforehand and figured we'd arrive slightly early to make sure we got a seat and some snacks. What I hadn't counted on was waiting in a line outside the theater that wrapped around one side of the mall. All except 1 theater were showing the movie at midnight and we all made it inside in time. There were people in costume, people driving by yelling obscenities at us standing in line, and people clapping several times throughout the movie.

The storyline of the movie itself was very dark and I didn't understand much of it since we don't read the HP books and therefore don't know how to fill in the plot gaps left by the film. I miss the days of just watching them play a match of quidditch where it was more fun than evil. It seemed like a lot of people enjoyed it although the reviews haven't been great. I'm glad we got to go since this will probably be the last week for Payton to fit in some time with friends before we leave!

What next?

You can also bookmark this post using your favorite bookmarking service:

Related Posts by Categories



1 comments: to “ Midnight showing of Harry Potter


  • 6:01 PM  

    You are a good mother. I'm sure they had a blast!