2009-07-08

Perfect timing

4 comments

On Saturday, I woke up with terrible upper back pain which continued into Sunday. On Monday, abdominal pain was more of my concern as it felt like a 9 month old fetus was lodged in my ribs and wouldn't move. Eating made the pain more intense. By Tuesday, I had decided that I needed to go to the doctor.

Appointment for Wednesday morning and the dr. sent me to see a sonographer a few hours later. The findings: a very, very sick gallbladder. Immediately I am sent for an appointment with a surgeon who schedules me for gallbladder removal tomorrow.

I am glad the fix is relatively simple and that I will get better soon. The timing isn't great as we were planning to all go to Texas this weekend. Now we are trying to figure out what our nee plans will be. I was told to expect to be out of commission for a week. I've never been down for that long so I am hoping for less.



What next?

You can also bookmark this post using your favorite bookmarking service:

Related Posts by Categories



4 comments: to “ Perfect timing


  • 7:48 PM  

    Most important is that you get better. You can always come down another weekend if Andy's interview goes well. You need to take care of yourself. Let me know how your surgery goes. I will be thinking about you.


  • 8:18 PM  

    Hope you're OK. Anything I can do? Caroline takes Carter tomorrow, so I'm down to 2 kids for a week. Let me know!


  • 9:05 PM  

    I could not agree with you more Amanda. Shannon, you need to take care of yourself. There are other weekends that you can come down and peruse. Keep us posted on how things go.


  • 9:08 AM  

    It's true that I can come another weekend but this weekend was paid for by the company where he's interviewing. Two nights at the Worthington with mileage reimbursed. Plus, we are expecting an offer letter and will need to start planning the move quickly.