2006-11-17

Birthday festivities

0 comments

We celebrated Blake's birthday w/the 4 of us (although he did take some small gifts to his museum school class today to celebrate as well). Blake took a nap and when he woke up, we had his gifts set out, decorations up and the candles on his cake were lit.


Blowing out all 5 candles (notice the new haircut?)


Blake opened cards from Aunt Jo and Felix, Dan & fam, and Uncle Mark. Then he opened some gifts...

Gifts from Grandma and Poppy




And then lots of small packages from us, including an envelope saying that we'd be staying at a hotel this weekend for two nights (Blake loves hotels!) that has a waterpark inside.


Then Payton had a basket of some of her own things that he likes and she gave him that as she always does....he really loves it.


Then it was off to IHOP. We aren't sure why Blake chose IHOP but he had been saying for days that it's where he wanted to eat for his birthday so we went.



Then we were off to Target per Mr. Blake's request to do a little browsing. He said "I just want to look at stuff but I don't want to spend all of my money right now." Pretty self-disciplined for a four year old....I mean five year old. Then he requested we head for QuickTrip for a Slurpee (sound like somebody else you know?) and then it was home to eat some cake and play w/some new toys.

I still can't believe he's 5 and I don't think he can either. While eating dinner, he dazed off for a bit and said "but I don't feel like a 5 year old." I've heard him refer to himself as a 5 year old several times throughout the day as well. "Blake, do you need some help?" and he'll say "No, I can do it because I'm a 5 year old."

What next?

You can also bookmark this post using your favorite bookmarking service:

Related Posts by Categories



0 comments: to “ Birthday festivities