2008-05-01

Getting healthier

1 comments

With all of the work craziness, I realized I had gained a lot of weight over the last 6 months and needed to change some things. About a month ago, we started working out again and I've decided to follow the Couch to 5K running program. Most of you know that I have had asthma my whole life but last fall discovered that I could actually RUN (or at least jog). This program has been really good for me because it increases gradually and I'm amazed that I can even do it. I'm currently on week 4 and have done 2 days of that. Week 4 is very hard for me so I'm going to repeat it again next week to make it a wee bit easier before continuing to week 5. The thought that I could run a 5k is mind boggling. I keep saying that it's like telling an amputee that they have limbs now....when you've lived your whole life one way and then it changes drastically, it takes a while to get used to but I'm not taking it for granted and hope to train to get better and better.

Along with the exercise, I've also been doing Weight Watchers Online. The thought of going to meetings didn't really appeal to me but the site has been great. Their online tools and info are right up my alley. I've already lost some weight after using it for just a short time and I really like it.

Incidentally, the running/Weight Watchers combo is what Kami started doing about 3 years ago and she's really stuck with it and looks great and continues to take part in various lengths of runs. She was originally inspired by my weight loss to get started and now I'm inspired right back!

What next?

You can also bookmark this post using your favorite bookmarking service:

Related Posts by Categories



1 comments: to “ Getting healthier


  • 12:25 PM  

    VERY COOL NAN!!! I love that your blog is back. I actually just got online yesterday to look this program up. Work has been kicking my butt, which I'm not gonna complain too much, but I haven't made time for myself either. So, like you, I am gonna start this program too. Lots of LOVE!! Laters!