2008-06-13

Concerts

6 comments

When Kami and I went to the Kanye concert, some of my coworkers were surprised that I was going. Some didn't know I liked his music and one 30-year-old woman said "I've only been to 3 concerts my whole life." Three concerts...really? I didn't know how many I'd been to and started thinking through the list. Here's the ones I can remember.

Debbie Gibson
Michael Jackson
Poison
Warrant
Tesla
Celine Dion
Garth Brooks
Gwen Stefani
Black Eyed Peas
Tom Petty
Kanye West
Justin Timberlake
Pink
Jewel (many times)
Def Leppard
Joe Cocker
Elton John
Ratt
Rolling Stones
Bowling for Soup
N.E.R.D.
Rihanna
Alanis Morissette
Jason Mraz
And a million hair bands that I can't remember because they all performed at Rockfest-type things and they all run together in my brain now.

Favorite concert of all time? Michael Jackson. Second favorite - Justin Timberlake.

What concerts have you been to and what was your favorite?

What next?

You can also bookmark this post using your favorite bookmarking service:

Related Posts by Categories



6 comments: to “ Concerts


  • 11:44 PM  

    Oh, my, our lists are quiet different.

    In no particular order:

    NKOTB
    George Michael
    Bad Company
    Beach Boys - first concert
    Grateful Dead (2 shows)
    Widespread Panic (more shows than I can count)
    Phish (more show than I can remember)
    Dave Matthews - a couple dozen
    John Mayer
    Counting Crows
    Big Head Todd
    Nine Inch Nails
    Flaming Lips
    Marshall Tucker Band
    James Taylor
    Al Green
    Many of the greats that frequented the Jazz Festival in New Orleans....Neville Brothers, The Meters, Dirty Dozen Brass Band, etc
    311 - many, many times
    B 52's - hated them
    George Strait - first date
    Lynard Skynard
    Quiet Riot
    Jimmy Buffett
    String Cheese Incident
    Beanland
    Better Than Ezra
    Elton John - pure loveliness
    Little Sister
    Allman Brothers - many, many times

    Guess I should stop there. I was a total groupy in college. All we did was travel to see live music!


  • 8:42 AM  

    Yes, I knew my list wouldn't be close to anybody's. I didn't do concerts for a while there and my tastes swung from hair bands to pop during that time. What was your favorite of all of those?


  • 3:50 PM  

    I'm a psuedo college hippie at heart....definite favorites were:

    Grateful Dead (second to last show ever due to Jerry Garcia's death) in St. Louis

    Widespread Panic - seeing them in a month at Red Rocks and then at the Aspen Jazz Festival in August

    Phish - always unusual and way out there


  • 1:51 PM  

    Wow--there's no way I can remember all of them, as we go to several a year since we love music, but here's a shot:
    first one - Neil Diamond in fifth grade
    Peter, Paul and Mary
    Erasure
    Def Leppard
    Journey
    Thompson Twins
    Amy Grant (three times)
    Michael W Smith
    Billy Joel (twice)
    Elton John
    Phil Collins
    Melissa Etheridge (twice)
    Bon Jovi (twice)
    Daughtry
    Depeche Mode
    Sting
    Prince
    Collective Soul
    B52s
    The Go Gos
    Blue October
    Van Halen
    No Doubt
    Pink
    Stevie Nicks
    U2 every concert since 1987 (I think seven)
    best concert was tie between U2's Joshua Tree in 1987 in Fort Worth (the concert I was at is actually on the movie Rattle and Hum with BB King), and U2's concert in fall 2001 right after 9/11 - AWESOME!!!!
    --Suzanne


  • 9:21 PM  

    Whoa, Suzanne is a concert freak! You'll probably think of 10 more to add to your list. :)


  • 11:10 PM  

    Also in no particular order:

    Michael Jackson Thriller Tour
    Cindy Lauper True Colors Tour
    Erasure
    U2
    Nine Inch Nails
    Big Head Todd
    Hagfish
    Tripping Daisy
    New Order
    808 State
    Queens of the Stone Age
    Stone Temple Pilots
    The Toadies
    The Butthole Surfers
    The Chemical Brothers
    The Reverend Horton Heat (several times)
    Lords of Acid
    Everclear
    311
    Tori Amos

    and more I can't think of at the moment!