2008-09-07

Define "oldies"

5 comments

Payton: What's that license plate say?
Me: Metallica.
Payton: What's that?
Me: A band.
Payton: An oldies band?
Me: 80s.
Payton: oldies.


And then yesterday, I was showing Payton videos of the band Ludo and telling her that Kami really loved them and I was learning to love their music. Afterward, she said "omg, that sounds like music I listen to...I can't believe OLD people like it."

What next?

You can also bookmark this post using your favorite bookmarking service:

Related Posts by Categories



5 comments: to “ Define "oldies"


  • 7:56 PM  

    Tell Payton that Aunt Kami is rad and is always into the coolest music scenes. I can't help what her parents listen to! ;-)


  • 8:37 PM  

    I feel like an oldy watching the VMA's. Who are these people? I didn't realize they still made videos or showed them on MTV!


  • 8:39 PM  

    Casey, it sad that I know every artist on the VMAs? We Tivo the Top 20 videos so we know most of them. It also helps that we have a 13 year old. But she's not watching the VMAs, we are.


  • 8:47 PM  

    Oops, she is watching them but on a different TV.


  • 9:59 PM  

    Not sad. You're much hipper than I am.