2008-12-18

Amanda is a lucky girl

1 comments

So my friend Amanda gets me fabulous gifts from places like Williams-Sonoma and Brookstone. I get her fabulous gifts like a chef's hat for her dog (monogrammed with his name!).

She just received my Christmas gifts for this year in the mail which include these gems:

Shot glasses made of ice!


A kitchen scrubber that you can blow bubbles with (see my previous post regarding my love of bubbles)...


A mini tape gun just like the big ones - in purple!


Ice cubes shaped like the Titanic. Titanic/Titonic...get it?


And the pièce de résistance.....

A stamp for bread to make it Holy Toast!


For my birthday, Amanda got me a gift card to Brookstone which she knows I love. I hadn't been there in a while but quickly knew what I'd be spending it on: The Grocery List Assistant.



This little guy can either stick magnetically or be mounted to the wall. You tell it what you'd like to add to your grocery list and it uses voice recognition software to add it to its memory. When you're ready to go to the store, you hit the print button and it prints it out organized by category on a paper that looks like a receipt.

This is a demo of how it works: Demo

Here's Blake demonstrating it:
Preface: He's 7 and had a hard time working the video camera while demonstrating plus narrating. Also, the device doesn't seem to recognize the sing-songy tone of kids voices so it never knows what he's saying. For Payton, Andy and I, it understands us and prints fine. Blake happens to love this little gadget (shock!) so I had him do the demo.



So thankful to have Amanda to exchange gifts with - who else would pretend to love such odd things and give me fabulous gifts in return?

What next?

You can also bookmark this post using your favorite bookmarking service:

Related Posts by Categories



1 comments: to “ Amanda is a lucky girl


  • 10:15 PM  

    No pretending here! Shot glasses and ice cubes are in the freezer waiting for the weekend as I type! Bubble scrubber is in the sink and I can't wait to make Frank a sandwich on toasted (holy toasted) bread this weekend...lol!!! Actually, you are the creative one when it comes to gift giving. I just give boring old gift cards. I like what you got with it though, that's pretty cool!!