2008-12-04

Things I should* like but don't

11 comments

Madonna
Chelsea Handler
PioneerWoman.com
Ellipticals
Barbra Streisand
Museums
Shopping (I go twice a year and get a lot but don't go beyond that usually)
Jewelry
TVs (no HD, flat screen or big screens here)


* meaning they are very similar to other things I like and are liked by people around me but I just haven't connected to these things.

What next?

You can also bookmark this post using your favorite bookmarking service:

Related Posts by Categories



11 comments: to “ Things I should* like but don't


  • 11:03 PM  

    I don't understand your not liking museums. Doesn't make sense.

    You need to add "zoos".


  • 8:45 AM  

    yep. I went to pioneer woman's site this morning just to see if maybe I'd like it this time. nope. I periodically think I should because so many people do, but I don't.


  • 4:31 PM  

    Yes --- something must be wrong with you. LOL :) Listen to the Ray of Light album with a candle lit and you will see the world! LOL :)


  • 11:59 PM  

    I see what you mean, there are a lot of things I don't like but I probably should. I would have to think on it though. In the meantime, here are my thoughts on your list:

    Madonna - I like her a lah
    Chelsea Handler - don't care
    PioneerWoman.com - no idea
    Ellipticals - my sanity
    Barbra Streisand - uggg (but I love the gays!)
    Museums - boring
    Shopping (I go twice a year and get a lot but don't go beyond that usually)- well, duh
    Jewelry - only my wedding ring
    TVs (no HD, flat screen or big screens here) - I like em'

    **Who commented on Ray of Light? Best Madonna CD EVER!


  • 12:04 AM  

    That would be Ms. Jennifer Evans who can be seen in the video below being handed the mic by Madonna. :)

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S5gz5Z9IGIA

    I respect Madonna as a smart woman but never have gotten into her music. I can see why others do though.


  • 12:59 AM  

    Not sure why these are things you should like. The only one on the list I am scratching my head at is the big screen. That is the only way to watch football...oh wait, you don't watch football. ;)


  • 8:08 AM  

    I put an asterisk on the word "should" to explain why I think I should. Most people around me do or people that I generally have a lot in common with seem to like these things but I just can't seem to get into them.

    TVs = waste of money to me. :-P


  • 12:31 PM  

    Yeah, I get the asterisks. And I am crying that you think TV's are a waste of money. Makes my heart hurt!


  • 12:50 AM  

    Madonna - mmm I haven't really loved her since "True Blue" and before - I just kinda like her new stuff.
    Chelsea Handler - She's not my cup of tea either, I'd much rather watch Keith Olbermann (I have such a crush on him) or Rachel Maddow.
    PioneerWoman.com - Not a fan
    Ellipticals - I'd rather be on a treadmill or bike.
    Barbra Streisand - I actually like her in one movie, "Nuts" - and think that you would like it too; but that's where my liking her ends (I actually hate Celine Dion, so maybe easy listening isn't for me).
    Museums - This one depends on the company that I'm keeping and if their is a guide that I like or if I'm with someone that shuts up long enough for me to absorb what I'm looking at. Personally, I don't feel like I've been to enough.
    Shopping - I love shopping (when I have money to spend, otherwise just looking kills me). This goes back to childhood though - my mom would put me on a hunt to find something- a specific color shirt in a size - something in general - and it was a game. I guess I still think of it as a game now - finding the best possible thing for the lowest possible price.
    Jewelry - Over rated. I had to be so aware of how I accessorized at P1K, that I'm over it now. Silver hoops are my best friend.
    TVs - I haven't caught on to this yet - if it works, why upgrade? Although, I do know which brand I do prefer - Samsung all the way.


  • 2:19 PM  

    MADONNA HANDING ME THE MIC.....AHHH!

    I can't even hardly handle thinking about it. BEST EVER!!! I love her so much. (big sigh)


  • 3:01 PM  

    Madonna--I love her, but I definitely liked her 80's music better than today's.
    Chelsea Handler--her first book was funny, but I think that she is annoying on her show. Can't watch her at all.
    PioneerWoman.com--I can understand you not liking her, you eat healthy and she is all about 2 sticks of butter. But she does have some pretty kick ass contests!
    Ellipticals--no thanks. I'll pass.
    Barbra--Drives me nuts.
    Museums--well, I was an art history major, so it would be weird if I didn't like them. But I know a lot of people who don't.
    shopping--I don't like it as much as I did when I was younger. It's because I don't need to have a lot of "stuff" anymore.
    jewelry--I only like the real stuff. No fake diamonds for me!
    TVs--I have to say that once you watch something in HD on a flat screen, it's hard to go back to a normal one. But I am not into the ridiculously large big screens either. No reason to see someone's pores on your TV! :)