2007-09-20

For the first time since I was 15....

2 comments

I ran a mile today! Anybody reading this probably already knows that I have very severe asthma and running is hard for asthmatics. I workout 6 days a week and do cardio and weightlifting each time but I typically vary the intensity throughout the workout which works very well for an asthmatic. Occasionally I try to just jog/run to see how far I can go and today? A whole mile! I'm beaming so much because it's not something I ever, ever thought I'd be able to do.

Funny thing is that I called Kami (marathon runner who sometimes runs 18 miles on a weekend jog for training) and she was just as excited as I was knowing my history. Next goal: running a mile fast enough to compete in the mile race w/Andy's family next year!

What next?

You can also bookmark this post using your favorite bookmarking service:

Related Posts by Categories



2 comments: to “ For the first time since I was 15....


  • 9:12 AM  

    I know how big of an accomplishment this is b/c I have asthma, too, and it's hard for me to run. I'm so proud of you!!!! Keep it up!


  • 6:12 PM  

    That is AWESOME!!! Kami needs to look out...she may have some tuff competition soon! I wish I had the motivation and determination you (and Kami) have! Congrats! ~Amanda