2007-09-13

Job interview

1 comments

Back at the beginning of August when it looked like we might be carrying two mortgages for awhile, I was applying for jobs a lot to help pay the bills. Once our house sold, I stopped really looking since financially it isn't a necessity anymore. One of the places that I had applied at was an ad agency that didn't really have any openings - I just applied because I think it's the best fit for me ultimately.

Yesterday I heard back from the agency and they just decided they would create an opening that happens to match my qualifications pretty perfectly. I interviewed there today and will be returning for an interview w/others in the company to get to know them and their jobs and for them to be able to ask me questions.

If I want to work, it will be the ideal opportunity for me. Not sure if I do or not. I get to spend time w/each of the kids alone right now (Blake in the morning before school and Payton gets home at 3 - about 1 1/2 hours before Blake), I have time alone to run errands and work out and then we're all together in the evenings. It's nice. Long-term it won't be nice when we don't have the money to furnish the house or to pay for the trips we like to take or to pay for the kids colleges (esp. Payton since that's only 6 years away) or for me to fund my retirement account. I think it's the constant internal debate for moms. We'll have to see if they end up offering me the position and make a decision at that point.

What next?

You can also bookmark this post using your favorite bookmarking service:

Related Posts by Categories



1 comments: to “ Job interview


  • 10:25 PM  

    Something to think about is that once Blake is in school full time next year, you won't have mornings with him alone anymore. If you take this job, you might have the opportunity to meet new friends too. Plus the extra money is always a nice thing! Keep me posted on what happens. BTW...I didn't like the Perez show on VH1. He kind of annoys me.~~Amanda