2008-05-11

Mother's Day weekend

1 comments

We just got back from a busy weekend that started with the kids and me and driving to KC on Friday after work/school. Andy stayed in Wichita to watch Bob and Mark run Saturday morning. They came in 270th and 271st on the 10k with times around 48 minutes. Results here.

Saturday morning, I took Payton over to my parents' house to help with their garage sale.

One area where stuff was setup...


After that, I did my scheduled run which went well. I was entertained by the two women who showed up to the track with a coffee mug in one hand, cigarette in the other and started walking the track and threw cigarette butts on the track. One of them took off jogging for a lap and then that was it.

Blake and I went to Dan and Katrina's house as they were having a garage sale as well and we were just going to visit. Turned out to be just Katrina and Isaac so we hung out w/them for awhile before heading out to run some errands. Evening was spent at my parents and then back to Andy's mom's waiting for him to arrive from Wichita.

Sunday morning, Payton and I got up early so we could head out to breakfast at First Watch w/my mom for Mother's Day. The kids had a gift bag for me that had a purple iPod Shuffle in it. I've been using Andy's shuffle when I run so this was a good idea. Now I can run to my favorite songs!

Breakfast at First Watch was good (even after the 40 minute wait) and then my mom dropped Payton and I off at the park for Alan's first birthday party. Most of Andy's family was already there when we got there.



The birthday boy...


Blake and Joey heading to the skate park...


I'm sure the skaters loved the munchkins running around their skating area...




Food time! Nobody wanted to sit in the gazebo because it was so chilly that everybody wanted to be in the sun to warm up.

One warmup spot to eat...


Cake time!




Sweet big sister...




After a quick stop by Andy's mom's house to pack up all of our stuff, we headed to Isaac's basketball game before leaving town.

#41









Isaac scored several points for his team, including some 3 pointers and...

they won. :)


We headed home after that and arrived around 8:30. Getting ready for our week now which includes the normal work/school but also Riverfest, Blake starting baseball practice, Blake's field day, Andy leaving town and more running for me.

Have a good week everybody!

What next?

You can also bookmark this post using your favorite bookmarking service:

Related Posts by Categories



1 comments: to “ Mother's Day weekend


  • 11:38 PM  

    Great update! So glad you're posting again. I've missed it!