2008-06-29

Weekend in KC - day 1

0 comments

We drove up to KC on Friday morning to spend a few days before Andy and I head to Mexico. I had a work meeting in Lawrence at 12:30 on Friday so we went to Maria's house first with lunch (from Taco John's - don't have those in Wichita) and hung out w/Andy's mom and Maria's kids. I headed to my meeting and when I was done, we left Maria's house and headed for Ben and Jerry's (another thing we don't have in Wichita and loved going there in Texas).



After that, we headed to my parents' house to unpack and get settled in. Later in the evening, my brother and his wife came with their kids and we hung out in the yard for a bit.






Taken by Blake...

Taken by Blake using the timer...



Picking leaves off the trees w/Uncle Andy...


Later that night, my brother, his wife, Andy and I went to The Legends area to go out for some drinks. We started at The Yard that has dozens and dozens of beer to choose from plus some really good martinis which I had. Of course, Rusty stuck with his regular and had Bud Light or Coors Light in a very tall glass (1/2 yard?).



I ordered a spicy tuna appetizer to eat and instead of looking like sushi rolls, it looked like some kind of a cake. I didn't like it much as it was too heavy on the tuna w/o the rice to tone it down. Pretty though!

What next?

You can also bookmark this post using your favorite bookmarking service:

Related Posts by Categories



0 comments: to “ Weekend in KC - day 1