2008-08-13

And he's off to first grade...

4 comments

Everybody here rides the bus so I won't have pics of Blake at the school, just at the bus stop. The kids at his bus stop are really nice and a few years older then he is - one 4th grader and two 5th graders. One of the 5th graders is the next door neighbor boy who Blake adores and is so polite. "Would you like me to walk Blake home after we get off the bus?" Sigh. Sweet kid.




I may or may not have teared up walking back home. Everything Blake does is like a mourning process on some level, knowing it's our last child to ever do that thing. So happy for him though - he's ready for first grade.

What next?

You can also bookmark this post using your favorite bookmarking service:

Related Posts by Categories



4 comments: to “ And he's off to first grade...


  • 8:37 AM  

    You make the neighbor kid sound like Eddie Haskell!

    It is also weird that the bus picks up everyone (K-6) and drops them off for different schools. Blake's school only goes up through 1st grade.


  • 12:18 PM  

    I miss the bus!!!!! Such a great service that we do not have here since Carter goes to a charter school.

    Not at all convenient to take him and pick him up after loading the two babies in the car, too, for each trip. But, you do know how I love to drive my enormous SUV filled with uniformed children. I just need a McCain sticker this round.

    :)


  • 12:30 PM  

    For clarification, next door neighbor boy isn't like Eddie Haskell. As far as we know.

    Casey, is it strange that I read your comment as uninformed instead of uniformed? Get that McCain sticker and they'll be both!


  • 1:05 PM  

    OMG...Shannon....this has got to be your best jab at me yet. Love it!

    I may just have to get a sticker.

    Oh, and will you let me know if they come out with a car that can guzzle more gas than a suburban? I think I'm driving the biggest out there, but am totally willing to upgrade.