2008-08-14

Top 10 things I like about Wichita

2 comments

We've been in Wichita just over a year now and have had a chance to kind of learn our way around and figure out what we do and don't like about living here so far. So here's my top 10 things I like about Wichita (so far).

10. Movie theaters. Drive-in theater and Warren Theaters. I always think drive-ins are cooler than they are but it's nice to have one to go to when we want. Warren Theaters are just really nice. Love them. Love that each theater is different and has various advantages over others. Love that there's an ice cream shop inside the one by our house. Love that there's one within walking distance of our house.


9. Small airport. Easy to get in and out of.

8. Milder temps. The heat in Texas didn't bother me too much but it's nice that even when it's 102 during the day here, you can count on it being in the 70s early in the morning. That helps when we're heading out on an 8 mile run. And when you're trying to grow things.

7. Super convenient trash pickup. Don't laugh! They pick it up right by our house and we don't even have to take it to the curb!

6. Exploration Place. Love visiting there which is why we are season pass holders.


5. The kids' schools. They have been awesome so far. So much different from the Texas schools.

4. I can breathe. For whatever reason (less stress, better air quality, both?), I can really breathe here which is what lead me to start running.

3. My job. I love where I work and I have the best coworkers. Never imagined a place where I'd get to be my (weird) self at work. Now I can.

2. Having local family. We've never really had people near us and now that we do, we realize we were missing out. It's NICE, y'all.

1. Easy drive to Kansas City!!!

What next?

You can also bookmark this post using your favorite bookmarking service:

Related Posts by Categories



2 comments: to “ Top 10 things I like about Wichita


  • 9:13 PM  

    Are you suggesting you were not weird at Pier 1?


  • 8:54 PM  

    I can't wait to come up! The drive in sounds fun. Maybe we can squeeze that in.