2008-08-03

Weekly health update (a day early)

2 comments

Wanted to give a health update but was too excited to wait until tomorrow.

Last time I attempted to run 7 miles, it didn't go so well so I was dreading the re-attempt today. I made some changes to try to insure success on this run - dietary changes so I wouldn't have a bathroom emergency, I went at 5 a.m. when the temps were in the 70s, drank plenty of water beforehand, etc....and it worked! It wasn't really hard at all and I can definitely imagine adding on more mileage in the coming weeks.

This week I ran a total of 16 miles which is my first mileage increase in about a month. Weight loss tends to come when I increase mileage so I lost 2 pounds this week which brings my overall weight loss total to 15 lbs.

Feeling very good about the health situation right now which is a nice change from the past couple of weeks. Hopefully the next 7 weeks leading up to the half-marathon will be equally as successful.

What next?

You can also bookmark this post using your favorite bookmarking service:

Related Posts by Categories



2 comments: to “ Weekly health update (a day early)


  • 10:04 PM  

    Congratulations! I think it's great you have been so successful!


  • 12:05 AM  

    Awesome! The proper diet and hydration make a world of difference! Way to go!