2008-10-06

Another note to my fellow old people

4 comments

Just trying to keep my fellow old people in the loop. Here's your Don't Act Old lesson for today:

People under 30 don't usually use abbreviations like LOL, ROFL, etc. They simply use "ha." They do use some abbreviations such as OMG or BRB but not too many. Additionally, if you're IMing and need to correct yourself, the normal method is to use an asterisk to correct yourself. Example:


Joe: Hey, did you watch The Office last night?
Sally: Yeah, it was one of my favortes.
Sally: *favorites
Joe: Mine too.


I'll keep an eye out for more lessons for old people. Stay tuned.

What next?

You can also bookmark this post using your favorite bookmarking service:

Related Posts by Categories



4 comments: to “ Another note to my fellow old people


  • 9:24 PM  

    Keeping your eye out for more old people lessons is much appreciated. I could use all the help I can get because earlier today I used the phrase "getting my mac on."


  • 9:30 PM  

    Well...my 13-year old daughter uses the asterisk method, BRB, GTG and LOL.

    She also uses ILY and W.E. in real-life conversations. I cannot tell you how many time she has said to me: "W dot E dot Mom!"


  • 10:27 PM  

    Sarah, glad to be of help. :)

    Chandra, I have a 13-year-old as well and she uses the acronyms out loud also. I'm not including teens in my "lessons" since we'd sound pretty idiotic spelling acronyms within conversations. And I hope our daughters won't do it forever either!


  • 10:39 PM  

    I must be WAY behind "the times" because I only started using LOL about 2 or 3 years ago...LOL! (See!)