2008-11-12

I love steroids

4 comments

A few weeks ago when I was very busy at home and work, I had a dream that I had resorted to shooting up heroin to handle it all. It felt so real (like I imagine heroin might be because I haven't ever experienced it first hand) that I woke up and couldn't go back to sleep.

Now I've discovered something better: steroids. The doctor prescribed me both antibiotics and steroids last week to combat tonsilitis and ever since, I've only slept 2 a.m. - 6 a.m. each night and while I'm awake, I'm always moving. I imagine it's how Casey feels all the time.

So tonight after spending an hour making dinner, I decided to organize the food cabinets. We lost quite a bit of storage in our kitchen when we moved here and it's been hard to get it all straight. If I have steroids for another 2 years, maybe every section of the house will be as organized.

All of the spices, organized alphabetically. The next time I get some steroids, I will be sure to put them all in the same type of containers for a more uniform look.


Pantry shelves organized by grains, packaged goods, baking items and beverages/sauces.


I also reorganized the canned goods in a different cabinet and moved stuff to a storage area downstairs since we don't have room in the kitchen. It's finally how it should be.

Today was the last day of steroids so we'll see if the energy level continues. I hope so. Or maybe I'll become a bug chaser for illnesses that require 'roids as the cure. :)

What next?

You can also bookmark this post using your favorite bookmarking service:

Related Posts by Categories



4 comments: to “ I love steroids


  • 10:12 PM  

    You're cracking me up with all this energy!


  • 11:01 PM  

    Haha! I love it! I wish that my pantry would stay organized. Maybe I need some 'roids too!


  • 10:42 PM  

    There's alway meth.


  • 10:21 AM  

    Cuuurrazy! And, I love it! I feel less crazy myself when I read stuff like this.

    I mean, who else has their Christmas shopping done in August?