2008-11-02

Savings

1 comments

I use the method of grocery shopping called "stockpiling" where I try to only buy when things are on sale and when they are, I buy lots of it. This means that sometimes I even get to skip weeks of grocery shopping (except for maybe fresh produce) because I have so many things on hand.

Today's grocery trip was a fairly expensive one because I primarily bought meat. It hasn't been on sale much since I started stockpiling again so I took advantage and got several pounds of ground chuck, a whole turkey, spiral-sliced ham, salmon, pork loins, etc. We often eat better when I'm stockpiling than when I'm not because I vary the foods I buy much more.

This week's grocery trip to Dillons cost me $178 but I saved $123 which is 42% savings.

I also shop at Walgreens and mostly end up getting hygiene items, medicines, cleaning supplies and a few food items.

This week's trip to Walgreens cost me $86 but I saved $90 which is 51% savings.

We are now fully stocked on meat, canned goods, frozen veggies, all kinds of soap, and many other things. Next week's trip should be much smaller, cheaper and easier.

Every week I usually have a deal that stands out above the rest and this week it was batteries. I bought probably 100 or so batteries and only paid 50% of normal price. We can never have too many batteries especially with Christmas not too far away!

What next?

You can also bookmark this post using your favorite bookmarking service:

Related Posts by Categories



1 comments: to “ Savings


  • 11:59 AM  

    That's amazing!