2009-01-13

We're all busy

6 comments

I think all of us are busy in different ways but the way we choose to spend our time fascinates me. This is how I chose to spend my time today.

7:15 - wake up and get in shower
7:30 - get Blake up and dressed
7:45 - go downstairs and pack lunch/snacks for the day, get roast cooking in slow cooker, get Blake off to bus stop
7:55 - drive to work
8:15-5:15 - work. Various tasks included researching ticketing tools to sell tickets online, finding a new freelancer to replace one that dropped out of a project, reviewing development of a few sites and spent the lunch hour listening to a coworker discuss learning how to raise chickens so he could teach people in an African village how to do it.
5:35 - get home and get dinner on table. Payton had already unplugged the slow cooker and baked some biscuits so it was ready to put on the table.
5:45 - eat dinner
6:15 - clean up dishes, put birthday card in the mail, get dressed for gym
6:45 - gym with a stop by Bob and Nicki's to drop off car seat to use when Blake is with them on Friday
8:00 - shower
8:15 - order pictures of kids from recent photo shoots
8:30 - Rock Band 2 with the whole fam
9:15 - handle work issue
9:45 - Blake in bed
9:45 - emails/IMs with friends, blog posting, read blogs, work on report for work
11:00 - flat iron hair

What next?

You can also bookmark this post using your favorite bookmarking service:

Related Posts by Categories



6 comments: to “ We're all busy


  • 10:49 PM  

    OK, when we're better, I'm going to do this, too, and see what my day looks like. Interesting.

    And, you spend about as much time as me getting ready, too. We're quick!

    Kudos on the car seat, too.


  • 3:07 PM  

    What caught my attention was the rock band! Please correct me if I am wrong (and I know you will!), but I thought you were against this game?? It is a lot of fun and we really have a great time playing it over here. Enjoy!


  • 3:10 PM  

    Payton got it for Christmas because the kids had been taking real music lessons for a few months prior. We play it together fairly often but I feel dumb spending too much time playing a fake instrument. Real music lessons will continue for the kids as well. :)


  • 5:23 PM  

    Bah, should never feel dumb! It is all on good fun.

    My word verification to post the comment is BUTOMSO. I think that is funny.


  • 9:08 PM  

    Gosh, mine would be soooo boring. Not having kids leaves a lot of sitting around watching TV time. I can sum up my day right now:

    7:00 woke up and showered
    8:00 went to work
    11:30 went home for lunch
    12:30 back to work
    5:00 left work
    5:15 got home and messed with the dogs and put comfy clothes on.
    5:30 got online and checked email, blogs, etc
    7:30 cooked dinner then ate it
    8:30 watched more tv
    11:00 will be going to bed


  • 10:08 PM  

    Casey, yes, I like to be low maintenance. Must get ready FAST.

    Amanda, you'll notice no time for TV on this day. Just too much other stuff going on. I do sometimes watch TV but when other things come up, it's the first thing to go.

    Today's schedule looked like this:
    7:00 - wake up and get ready
    7:30 - get Blake up
    7:45 - pack lunch, get Blake off to bus stop
    8:00 - take Payton to school (she slept through alarm and missed bus)
    8:20-5:10 - work
    5:50 - get home w/KFC take out and eat
    6:30 - do yoga via recorded yoga exercise TV show
    7:00 - clean main floor of trash, leftover Christmas stuff, do dishes
    8:00 - watch American Idol and work
    9:00 - Blake in bath
    9:30 - Blake cuddle in our bed with us and finish American Idol
    10:00 - get Blake to bed
    after 10 - write blog, Facebook, finish work stuff, cuddle w/the husband