2007-04-01

Recipes from this weekend

2 comments

After not cooking at all last week, I cooked this weekend and vowed that we won't be eating out at all until Friday. Here are two recipes that I made.

Shrimp Etoufee
http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Shrimp-Etoufee-III/Detail.aspx
My suggestions:

  • Instead of water, use chicken broth.
  • It probably won't take the whole 20 minutes for the celery/green pepper mixture to get tender. I only cooked mine for 10 minutes.
Cabbage Rolls
http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Cabbage-Rolls-II/Detail.aspx
My suggestions:
  • Double the sauce mixture.
  • Before taking the leaves off of the cabbage, either freeze it and let it thaw overnight (this wilts the leaves and makes them easier to work with) or steam the cored head of cabbage (leaves will be softer and easier to work with).
  • Serve with mashed potatoes and corn, using some of the tomato sauce over your mashed potatoes.

What next?

You can also bookmark this post using your favorite bookmarking service:

Related Posts by Categories



2 comments: to “ Recipes from this weekend


  • 11:23 PM  

    Yeah!!!! Recipes are back! This is one of my favorite parts of your blog.

    And, I LOVE eutoufee. You are speaking to my Louisiana roots!


  • 8:30 PM  

    nice new look to the blog. did you quote the author of "self-indulgent drivel?" I hear that guy is brilliant.