2008-07-27

5K - good news/bad news

3 comments

The good news is that despite the heat, we managed to run well at the Midnight Streak run late Saturday night.


Amy (Kam's running partner and friend), Kam, me

The bad news is that this 5K wasn't a whole 5K - we were about 1/4 mile short.

Here's the way the course was supposed to look:



Here's the way it did look from my watch data:



Since the course didn't have us going all the way to 12th street, we were shorted and as a result our times are skewed. This was a sanctioned race that is supposed to follow certain rules and Kam says they could get into trouble for not having the right distance. It was certainly disappointing at the very least.

My goal was 32 minutes and when I crossed the finish line and it said less than 30 minutes, I knew it was wrong for sure and my watch confirmed that.

The overall results are here. Kam came in 5th in our age group and I came in 22nd, right in the middle of the pack which I'm very happy about.

Unfortunately, Kam hurt her foot while running and is now out of commission for at least a couple of weeks.

This could be my last race before the half-marathon!

What next?

You can also bookmark this post using your favorite bookmarking service:

Related Posts by Categories



3 comments: to “ 5K - good news/bad news


  • 5:51 PM  

    Look at you guys with your numbers looking all official and stuff. I really need to get my butt in gear and a 5K in.


  • 5:52 PM  

    Um, I missed a word...I meant and 'get' a 5K in.


  • 7:17 PM  

    Congrats on being #22! That sounds funny...ha! I would love to get into running or something like that, but with 105 degree temps here, it doesn't sound like too much fun for me!