2008-07-28

Weekly health update

0 comments

Last week I dropped my short runs down to 3 - 3.5 miles so I could focus on pace and try to go a bit faster in preparation for the 5k race on Saturday. It was really good for me to do that because I had been struggling with the longer "short" runs...since when is 4.5 miles "short" anyway?

Weight-wise I've stayed the same as I've been for several weeks which is fine with me right now. I'm just focusing on completing the half-marathon training and then I'll re-evaluate from there. Obsessing over pace time, distance, heart rate, weight, calories is just too many pieces of data at once. One thing at a time and that thing is the half-marathon.

Just returned from a 4.5 mile run tonight which I would normally have done tomorrow morning but decided to do tonight. I like running at night and feel much better afterward. Going to try that this week and maybe these 4.5 mile runs won't seem so bad after all. This weekend....trying 7 miles again. Barring any bathroom emergencies, I hope to be able to check that distance off the list finally!

What next?

You can also bookmark this post using your favorite bookmarking service:

Related Posts by Categories



0 comments: to “ Weekly health update