2008-09-15

Pop, Coke or something else?

2 comments

The two times we've lived away from Kansas has been interesting in regards to the term used for carbonated beverages. I've had people say "huh?" anytime I would call something "pop" and would eventually just give up and not try to use it. I'm still not sure I've fully returned to using "pop" in my vocabulary.

Now I'd like to see a map of what people call shopping carts. In Texas, they're called buggies!

What next?

You can also bookmark this post using your favorite bookmarking service:

Related Posts by Categories



2 comments: to “ Pop, Coke or something else?


  • 7:58 AM  

    Looks like most of the country says "pop." I say "soda!"


  • 10:48 AM  

    yes -- i've always called it a buggie -- also, in small town texas a "coke" can mean any variety of soft drink

    Jen Evans