2009-01-04

Holiday Break, part 3: December 24

0 comments

We got up on Christmas Eve and my mom had made us a wonderful breakfast - pineapple, raspberries, cherries, sausage, biscuits, quiche and peach nectar. Beautiful. Yummy. I love my mom's food!


After breakfast, I spent a few hours working on a scrapbook of Nick and Celeste's wedding shower that was way overdue and I wanted to be able to give it to them later that day. I don't usually like scrapbooking but it was really fun. I wish I had taken a picture of it because it was very cute.

While I was busy doing that, my mom started a project to keep Blake busy where they cut out pieces of tissue paper and formed a mosaic pattern in the shape of a Christmas tree.

Picture is blurry but the only one I have with Blake in it.



In the middle of the afternoon, we headed over to Andy's mom's house for Christmas Eve festivities with his family.

I wish I had taken pics of the food at Andy's mom's house but I wasn't around to eat most of it. I had been fighting a stomach virus for the previous few days and had to go lay down while everybody ate. Her ham and slaw sandwiches are one of my very favoritest things to eat in the whole world.

After dinner, it was present time!
Alan and Bree


Blake opening a piggy bank that has his name on it. This is the only gift we ended up leaving in KC. There's a spot on his dresser reserved for it!


Isaac and the back of Joey's head


I had Celeste's name in the drawing and got her these red Williams-Sonoma mixing bowls and measuring spoons. I have them and love them and she asked for red mixing bowls. I hope she likes them!


Weather station for Andy's mom that connects via wireless Internet.


Andy likes for me to open his gift to me when we are with his family. This year, he got me a Nikon digital camera with wireless built-in. That means that when there's a wireless connection, I can send pics to people via email or upload them automatically to my Flickr account. Aside from being wireless, it's also better resolution and a more compact camera. I love it! All pics taken after this one were taken using my new camera.


After hanging out with the fam for a while, we had to head back to my parent's to make cookies for Mommy and Daddy....I mean Santa...and get the kids in bed for the night. They didn't end up getting in bed until around 11:30 or so because Blake figured if Santa didn't come until midnight, he could stay up until right before then...and he did!

What next?

You can also bookmark this post using your favorite bookmarking service:

Related Posts by Categories