2009-01-04

Superman

1 comments

I have a lot to talk about from the holiday break but it seems only fitting that my first post would address Andy's Superman status. We have an older house and older cars and he has a crazy wife who sometimes breaks things so everything seems to be breaking lately. Things that have broken and needed repair within the last month:

  • Downstairs heat. Thermostat was down to 52 at the lowest point during the coldest days we had. HVAC people came out twice and did nothing. Andy got it fixed on his own.
  • Dryer. Has had trouble since we moved, the most recent being incessant squeaking while it's on. Andy ordered some parts on eBay and had it disassembled in the hallway and got it fixed.
  • Van battery. Right before we went to KC, the van battery had died. Got it jump started and went to KC and it died again there. Since we were leaving on a train, my dad helped out getting this one fixed.
  • My car battery. Yep, it died too.
  • My laptop and our wireless connection. We took the router to my parents' house while we were there and the settings got messed up going between location. To add to it, I messed up the laptop settings in the process of trying to fix it myself.
  • Endless amounts of putting things together - mounting Blake's new stereo, putting together Blake's motion detector kit which required soldering, etc.

When Payton was little, she once said (to my horror) "it's nice to have a man around the house." I'm afraid she's right and we're grateful for everything he does to keep our family moving forward!

What next?

You can also bookmark this post using your favorite bookmarking service:

Related Posts by Categories



1 comments: to “ Superman


  • 9:13 PM  

    Pretty impressive. A dryer? But, this makes sense with how Andy's brain works, I think.

    My dad used to fix all of our cars and change their oil, etc. Never once, in my childhood, can I remember having a repair man at our house. Dad always figured it out.